Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Review: Love Trials by Janice Jarell



Love Trials by Janice Jarrell


LINKS




REVIEW
Dynamic. Rich and Powerful.

How can one possibly emulate the mistress of gay novels, Janice Jarrell?
Here's the thing.
One cannot.
So, let's talk.
I've said it before that Ms. Jarrell's style lends itself to a dynamic of wealth and power in the most subtle, beautiful way.
Her descriptions sing.
Her prose rings out like distant church bells on a lazy Sunday morning.

And Walker Williams brings all of it to life.
Perfect life.
He has that eclectic resonance that dances through the voice of each character, it's as if balloons could use his voice for fuel to float. His renditioning of Love's Trials is just that powerful.

I cast myself back to remember Love's Magic. A masterful work which explores the tangible coming together of four stalwart characters and their road to fulfilment. I remember thinking; How on earth is Janice Jarrell going to top this? Well, I'll need to go back into my hole and suffer the pain of doubt. Big, Big, huge mistake!

Ms. Jarrell has outdone herself.

Colin just cannot stay out of trouble and nail-biting adventure. That's what draws me to him. From the Unite The Right riots to working undercover, to a drug cartel, Ms Jarrell paints the 2nd incredible Revolutionary Heart novel with nothing but her imagination and ten typing fingers. Tragedy strikes once again and hits both Colin and Joshua totally out of kilter. It moved me. It struck home that out of tragedy, in many instances, comes good things and without giving anything away, once again I wanted to klap Colin out of his deadlock with himself.

That's how immersed one becomes when reading a Revolutionary Heart. You know that kick reflex when you're watching a movie and suddenly you're cussing loudly at the characters on screen, well, that's what I was doing and it felt wonderful!

With Walker William's voice to lend authenticity to every word in the novel, Ms Jarrell has another winner. I loved listening to this book and fully recommend it to everyone, gay or straight.


4 comments:

  1. You humble me and leave me feeling so very grateful. Thank you, Lee. I don't deserve you. 😍🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jan - this world is a betta place because of you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ande Hughes aka M.J. Calabrese
    I loved your review, Lee. It makes Ms. Jarrell's work sound so wonderful. I have the books on my TBR list, but I guess I will have to get to them sooner than later. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee Quail you described this perfectly. I wish we would've had Janice years ago. She is the true Author of love. Walker Williams did the reading of this perfectly. He gave the whole story another dimension.

    ReplyDelete

Warning: Please be considerate.Foul language is not allowed.

Featured Post

Review: Confessions of a Former Teen Superhero

REVIEW A Quail 5 Star Read Well, well, well, looks like we've got some superhero shenanigans going on here. Kid Quasar seems to be havin...